How I Fell for Rob, NOT Edward!!

It’s time again to share another story of how one of our readers fell for Rob… RobRuinedMe shares her story today

So you're saying this guy doesn't turn you on?!

I am a 28 yr old, intelligent, practical and sensible woman….Or at least i WAS till a few months ago….Let me explain how you’ve totally ruined and corrupted me (you beautiful bastard!!!!)…..I saw you for the first time as WHOLESOME Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, when i was still a Draco Malfoy fan… You barely registered in my conscience at the time because of your squeaky clean Huffelpuff image…. (You see, i have a thing for BAD BOYS but that’s a tale for another day)….Fast forward three years and i came across a trailer for “Twilight”  on Rotten tomatoes and was intrigued…..Dear hubs always trusts my judgment when it comes to choosing movies for the weekend movie/dinner date, so off we went to our local AMC…..I had watched the trailer at home on my laptop’s tiny screen so i was totes unprepared for your imminent assault on my “senses” and might i add “sensibility” …..

Here comes dreamboat!

I bit the bait when i saw you strut into that blasted cafeteria …When the camera zoomed in to catch your golden eyes in the biology lab the hook got twisted in deeper….You totally reeled me in when you jumped back from Bella’s bed after the first kiss and leaned on the wall with your impossibly sexy,tortured, shadow-lit face…….

I Wiki-ed the shit out of Twilight after i got back home and discovered “Twilight THE BOOK”…For a rabid reader like myself that was like manna straight from heaven…..I promptly smuggled in copies of all four twilight books (Mind you i was still hiding this from dear hubs due to utter shame over my fan-girlness….I never really fan-girled over anything like this even when i was a teenager so how could i admit to this now!!!!)….

You're dumping me for a 16yr old?!

I snuggled in with my copy of Twilight ready to be swept into the awesomeness of EDWARD and BOY was i in for a surprise…..I was struggling to stay awake through whole chapters of Bella whining (or) Edward whining (or) BOTH whining about the other’s whining……How could this be?……I always fall in love with characters and not actors (Case in point: Draco Malfoy)…..This was really confusing…..I then discovered Jacob the character and i was hooked again…..Jacob’s angst was much more multi-dimensional and complex than Edward….Plus he has a kick-ass sense of humor and no girl can pass up a dude with a wicked wit….So i redirected my obsession to Jacob and finished reading all the books squarely on the side of Team Jacob ….It wasn’t hard at all then because all Edward had over Jacob was your pretty face…..Plus, why would a chick prefer ice cold Edward to hot smoldering Jacob …It was so against my own sexual intuition…..Heat-Friction-Sweat….Get IT!!!!

Follow the cut for RuinedbyRob’s full decent into Robsession

Make a video of THIIIISSS!

I then hit the internet to look up Taylor out of curiosity…That was when i accidentally discovered ROBERT PATTINSON VIDEOS!!!!!!……I saw one interview, then another, and another….Before long i was salivating like a hungry dog in front of my laptop scouring for more Rob videos and spiraling down through the usual-suspect phases of Rob addiction….I’d like to think that i still had a modicum of self control left even at this stage and i could have forced myself out at this point…..

But Life’s not FAIR, IS IT?…So, one fine day i discovered “Rob Singing videos”…..I listened to “Let me sign” and fell to my knees and cried out “WHY GOD…WHY?!!!!!!” (Editors Note: We ask ourselves this every day)….. I was at the point of no return now……You had officially ceased  to exist as a fellow human being in my world……You were now Satan incarnate, hell bent on destroying my virtue and how could a mere mortal like me stand up to this other-worldly force….I couldn’t fight the DEVIL so i SIGNED!!!!!….The next few weeks were a blur of ROB-video watching, ROB-picture gazing, ROB-fanfic reading and ROB-nonTwilight movie torrent downloading (sorry if that hurt your royalties…Anyways you must be making shit loads of money these days, so give me break)…….

But one thing became very clear to me….I don’t give a shit about Edward or the TWILIGHT books….It has always been about you ROB!!!!!….I was too proud to admit that i fell for an actor and not the character, but the truth was staring me in the face the whole time….When my Rob-caine started drying up i went into a search frenzy and that was when i found LTR …. (Ok Rob, i’m done talking with you now…..If you will please step aside i need to talk with the ladies for a minute now)

UC/Moon,

What were you saying about me?

I still thank the search engine gods everyday for directing me to LTR…Before i found you i was still leading a lonely life of deception (And it wasn’t even a sexy double life like Angelina Jolie in Mr and Mrs Smith)……I thought i was a freak who would be locked up in a padded room if discovered……I thought i was ABNORMAL !sniff!….This is when you ladies swooped in and saved the day…….I saw i was not alone in my parallel Rob world…There were other seemingly sane people in here, HECK its downright crowded in here if you ask me….When i read about other people’s Robsessions i was awestruck by how similar we were, even if we come from different countries….(By the way, you can file my story under Indian fangirl, as in curry and masala, not as in Quileute….But I live in the US now)…..I wanted to cyber-join hands with all of you and sing “We are the ROB”…….I guess ROB doesn’t get lost in translation…..

In fact i don’t think Rob gets lost in the GENDER GAP either….I know everyone thinks that only women/gay men obsess over him….But i have some circumstantial evidence i acquired recently which i want to present to you….

Since last month i have been feeding unsuspecting dear hubs small and subtle doses of Rob.
Examples:
1) Browsing nonchalantly through a list of new release movies with hubs nearby and wondering aloud if “Remember Me” sounded like a good movie to him (when he said YES, it took superhuman effort to stop myself from dragging him to the car and driving like a crazy woman to the theater pronto)
2) Devious wifey: “Honey, have you heard of this movie called “Little Ashes” …..Its supposed to be some biopic about Salvador Dali so i downloaded it….Want to watch?”
Clueless dear hubs: “Yeah sure…..Salvador Dali huh, it must be interesting”
3) Slipping in some craptastic Bel Ami Rob photos with his breakfast…..”Look honey,that Twilight guy is doing some movie in Budapest……i wonder what’s it about…..What honey? you think we should check it out……Sure,but let me first verify if its in English or not” (Mwahahahaha,…..juxtapose visual image of villainous rubbing of hands)

When do I get my sponge bath?

Yesterday night we watched Haunted Airman before going to sleep….Today morning dear hubs gave me a sheepish grin and said that the weirdest thing happened to him last night……He dreamt of Rob!!!!!!…..He was thinking about the movie and playing out different endings for it in his dream…….Lets all pause here for a minute and ruminate on this……….

Yes, my husband dreamt of Rob and i LIKED it …..Let me assure you that my husband very solidly plays on the Straight team…I should know :-)……There’s nothing wrong with a little Roblovin’ once in a while…..There’s plenty to go around…..

My theory is that if straight males were targeted directly with Rob propaganda for a considerable period of time they will crumble just as quickly if not faster…..This is a discovery as big as Columbus discovering America (Which he mistook for India …..WTF dude?…What were you smoking on your ship and more importantly where can I get some of that)…So i felt the urgent need to immediately kiss my husband for being such an adorably malleable doll in my hands and opened my laptop to write to you about this right away……What do you gals think?…..Would love to hear from you…….

Ummm Rob….Are you still there?…Sorry Darling, for ignoring you in your own letter…..You can come sleep in my lap and pout your lips….I’ll comfort you and run my fingers through your hair till you feel all better…..

Luv,
Robruinedme

Do You have a story about how you fell for Rob? We’re always looking for new stories and letters so email us!!

Was it Rob or Edward that did it for you? Favorite NON Edward character Rob plays?

111 Responses to “How I Fell for Rob, NOT Edward!!”

1. Dear Robruinedme,

I love your name, and I think in our parallel world that is normal(?!?!?!).
    Are you subtly trying to get your hubs into a threesome with Rob? Because that seems even more ambitious than the classical dumpster hopes.
    Thanks for your letter,
    x

2. tupelohoney says:

“I don’t give a shit about Edward or the Twilight books…”

Yep, that about sums it up… for me, it’s always been about Rob….

• robgirl86 says:

That was my fav. line as well!<3

• misty says:

Agreed. It was more the word vomit, sextactular hair and wonky legs that did it for me……and the accent.

• melronin says:

But it’s always about Edward around my hub…such a great…decoy…the vampire!!! He just rolles eyes for my
        insane “love for vampires” these days! works perfectly 😀

• melronin says:

“I am a man whos intentions are good
          oh Lord please don’t let me be misunderstood..”

just sayin!!!

Rob
          I love Edward…you are the perfect Edward baby!
          I just love YOU more!!!

love
          Me

• Robruinedme says:

Welcome to the “Rob only” gang Tupelohoney……I’m so relieved that no one’s signing petitions to have me burnt at the stake for dissing Edward before the Eclipse premiere 🙂

3. shinegirl says:

I love this story! Being a resident lurker, I realized that I should get my letter together. Maybe one day I will stay out of the shadows longer than a comment.

Love the site and the humor….yeah that’s what I come here for….

4. Rob's flaming dashboard says:

Wait – your HUSBAND is having Rob dreams? Verrrrry interesting. What if you both had Rob dreams on the same night? Inquiring minds want to know details of any knock-on benefits …

I will say Rob is at his panty-melting best {so far} in the Haunted Airman although the story esp the ending freaked the Hale out of wimpy me. So now I just watch my favourite bits. *cough bath cough nude cough*

Another person very thankful to have found LTR /LTT. Also grateful for the wealth of Rob interviews on the gloriuos internet!

• Stacey says:

My husband is having dreams about Rob too. Those dreams pretty much are about beating him up. So not nice. My husband wants to go with me to see Eclipse, but I don’t want to hear his running commentary about how he hates him. Might ruin the experience for me. Which is why he wants to go.

• Obava says:

Boy, some of these husbands really get in the way, don’t they? 😀

Good thing I’m saving myself for Rob!

• Mariposa says:

I feel for you! I’m sneaking out Sunday to see it without the Husband!

• southernbelle says:

OMG my husband too! Argg his comments annoy me, always negative about Rob and Twilight! I don’t want him to see any movies with Rob in it with me. I think he just says things to irritate me. Lately he has been saying he’s Team Jacob, because he knows I’m Team Edward.

• glynna says:

Some of these husbands just haven’t made the connection yet. Rob is their friend. I still have to refer to Rob as “Edward” or “that guy from Twilight” so the hubs won’t catch on to how serious this is, but he knows, and is no doubt grateful.

Couldn’t care less if another Twilight flick is made. Just keep the Rob comin’ and I’ll be good:)

• Robruinedme says:

Love your name 🙂
      My husband and i have never dreamt in sync of Rob, but i see your point…..Interesting , very interesting….. (rubs chin)

5. +1 Tupelo
    I don’t get the appeal of Twi or Edward and I suppose I’m the only one who didn’t even read the books. Oh, and never will.

• myeah, reply to tupelo fail.

• tupelohoney says:

I read the books but only after seeing Rob as Edward… I’m only seeing Eclipse tomorrow night at midnight ’cause Rob is in it…. You get the idea.

• “Only seeing Eclipse cause Rob’s in it”. Yes, same here. And I’ll be even worse of a fangirl, I only saw NM once and got booored. And I think I saw Twilight once but did replay ‘Edward’s scences a couple of more. The first evening, it was all I knew about Rob, had no idea of the craziness and fun on the interwebs.

• robgirl86 says:

“The first evening, it was all I knew about Rob, had no idea of the craziness and fun on the interwebs.”

At one time it was different.. memories memories 🙂

• mine!mine!mine! says:

@RG

How different? My only experience has been craziness..well beyond craziness.

I’ve been v. good recently (blame the footie – don’t want to talk about it!)I haven’t googled Rob or read any of the crazie gossip columns (though do try to stay clear) so have no idea what’s going on in Rob world.

finished WFE on Saturday…what a good book. Love old Jacob, loved the ending though made me cry (lots). Really can’t wait to see this film. Not my usual type of book but I’m so glad I finished it now, even if it did make me a little (read lots) depressed in parts. Defo Oscar call if the scrip and acting live up to the book.

• robgirl86 says:

Mine3X@
            You have no idea what’s going on in the Robworld? Oh, stick with that and you will be one happy fan…trust! And NEVER google HIM…like NEVER! 🙂

• southernbelle says:

Tupelo!

You’re watching Eclipse tomorrow night? So not fair!!!! What about me?

• misty says:

@SB I’m seeing it tomorrow night at midnight too…I’ll see any movie with Rob in it.

• tupelohoney says:

Well SB sweetheart, just get in the car and drive 5 hours to Memphis and I’ll take you with me!

• southernbelle says:

@Misty, I’d go if I have a babysitter. Dh is gone for days again for work.

@Tupelo, hey yeah I’d drive there if I could! Are u going alone or w/ friends? Are you far fr Nashville? One of my Bff’s lives in Nashville.

• tupelohoney says:

There’s 5 of us going together. One of them wants us all to wear Edward shirts… I told her I do it if they were all Stoli shirts…..

I’m about 2 hours or so away from Nashville. Roughly 5 hours from Louisville.

• robgirl86 says:

I read the books but only the parts with Edward…and same for the NM DVD, there is a feature with all Edward’s scenes, well that’s the only thing I saw like 5 times since today (hangs head in shame) …oh my
      Not valid for Twlight, I really like that film!

• I don’t have the Twi/NM DVD’s but will probl jump on the Remember Me DVD the first day is out here, after a whole week telling myself, no I don’t care, so no I WILL NOT WILL NOT get a dvd for an actor.

• kat says:

Yeah, I pounced on the DVD the second it was out here. Robler gets to me in a tingly kind of way. My hubby just rolled his eyes and left the room.

• robgirl86 says:

The RM DVD is actually the first that I won’t buy only because Rob is in it!!!That reminds me that I’ve to wait until September, not fair not fair!

“Why God, why?”…haven’t gotten an answer to that yet!!!

Great letter! I belong to that group of many who fell for Rob exactly like that! Curiosity killed the cat…about that vampiredude…and then Rob just pushed it a bit more and…I fell…like domino!

Not really a fan of the saga…naaahhhh!Edward…who??

I would go for Tyler…Tyler just dies me…sooooo Rob!

• tupelohoney says:

Totally agree with you Mel! I’d go for Tyler too, in a heartbeat!

I know I’ve said this before but it bears repeating: Tyler is my brand of heroin!

Come be Tyler for me baby! Need a fix… bad.

tupelohoney

• robgirl86 says:

Well beside the great story of RM, I have a new theory why I like Tyler sooo much, I think, I was just soo sick to see all the time that white make-up on Rob, that seeing HIM just with a normal look was such a relief…..

• melronin says:

hmmmmm…”relief”???? really honey??? hahaaa….
        sure you mean…relief???
        love your new theory 😀

• Robruinedme says:

Thanks melronin 🙂

7. Corie says:

One of the best letters I’ve read so far…I wonder if Rob in small doses would work on my hubs? I may need to experiment lol!

Thanks for a great letter!

“I never really fan-girled over anything…” !!!!!!

Here the same… so every Rob-film should come with a HUGE RED WARNING!

“NEVER EVER google Robert Pattinson, like NEVER!It will ruin you!”

see?
    this is ridiculous, can you please stop being so HOT?
    Can you?
    I don’t think so, that’s why I’m ruined at all!
    love
    me

P.S. Come out of your lurkdom and join the club, at least you’re part of it! Thanks! 🙂

• robgirl86 says:

…and Robruinedme@ thanks for the letter!<3

• Robruinedme says:

AMEN Sista!!!! I totally agree……There should be PSA’s made discouraging people from googling Rob……Nothing good can come out of something that pretty …..As Lafayette from True Blood would say “SATAN in a Sunday Hat”

9. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by LetterstoTwilight, LetterstoTwilight. LetterstoTwilight said: It’s time for a NEW LTR: How I Fell for Rob, NOT Edward!! – http://tinyurl.com/27nmom8 […]

10. katiebird says:

I always love hearing about how someone fell for Rob. It makes me feel “normal” too.

I wish that I could be more subtle about Rob around my husband. I did get him to watch Remember Me with me on Saturday night, though. His reactions to some scenes were priceless. He was definitely moved by the ending as well.

My favorite non-Edward role is a toss-up between Art and Tyler. Art, because that was the role that made me fall for his talents, not just looks, and confirm that he has an amazing future in movies. Tyler, because he is just sofa king hot, pretty much wore his own clothes, and screamed “pussy” a bunch of times.

11. allryans says:

Oh God. Oh my God. Your letter reminded me – I totally hid the books from my husband when I was reading them for the first time. I was SO ashamed. I would turn my back to him in bed and half hide the book under the covers. What? It’s not like I was going to actually PUT IT DOWN. Oh Haysus. I’m still ashamed.

• southernbelle says:

My DH got me to see Twilight(against my wishes that time). So glad he made me though! He also got me the book, just the 1st one though(he said I needed an escape). You see a pattern here?\

However, it became apparent that after reading Twilight, I became obsessed/Robsessed so then he started giving me grief about it, LOL. I bought all the other books on my own and read everything in a frenzy, becoming a hermit, staying up til 3 am. Lucky for me he works nights, but there were many days he came home and found me reading, I was so busted.

12. Xylem108 says:

“I couldn’t fight the DEVIL so i SIGNED!!!!!…” Awesome!

The visuals of feeding small doses of Rob (twss) to the husband reminds me of wives who feed their husbands arsenic… Only in this case the poison is a deliciously coiffed and talented charming Brit. I want to be fed pieces of that.

Lovely letter… And very familiar symptoms. Someone should really annotate the stages of Robssessism.

• robgirl86 says:

the stages of Robssessism…..

we did that already once and…
      1) the fact that I remember that speaks for itself
      2) it was a hilarious post
      3) I was def. in the “insane” stage department 🙁

• Robruinedme says:

Thanks Xylem108……I’m glad you got the “arsenic” reference……
      “Misery loves company” so I’m going to do everything i can to drag my husband down into this hell hole along with me 🙂

13. Aw a curry and masala girl? Robruinedme, *waves* Hello from a Bengali girl! If you were still living in India now, we would have been neighbours!

Awesome letter. I ALWAYS knew Rob had power on every single living being out there. Take the admiration Tai (or Rosie from WFE) has for our man. It’s high time straight men should sit up straight and take notice of this awesomeness!

As for favourite Rob character, since the only non Twi and non HP film of him I’ve seen is RM, I’d have to pick Tyler. I have a feeling even if I had seen all other films of his, Robler would still own me more than the others. The bruised face, the way he tore the packet of sugar with his teeth *swoon*, the way he talks holding the ciggie between his teeth, the way he lights the ciggy with those LOOOONGG fingers…ahhh

*RSMS has retired into gutterland*

• Robruinedme says:

Hi RSMS….Bhalo achho?
      I highly recommend “Little Ashes” and “Haunted Airman” if you haven’t seen them?…..
      The cinematography and background score in Little Ashes is to die for, and i swear no one but Rob can make “man-on-man” lovin look so gooooood……
      Haunted Airman looks like it ran out of budget at the end (monetary and creative) so the movie closes on a very weird note, but Rob is just so FUCKHAWT throughout the movie, even if he is confined to a wheel chair the whole time……

robruinedme- so agree with your descriptions of LA and Haunted Airman! I too was wondering why HA ended like that! They should have made it 2 hours just so it could explain more and end properly. And LA, didn’t think I could watch that more than once. But there’s no other guy that could make that hawt! Plus, that character shows that he is a wonderful and talented actor!

Great letter! It’s too funny how most of us fell the same way!

I haven’t got the time this AM to read all the comments but just wanted to say “Good Morning Ladies.” And thanks for making us all feel normal!

15. Athena says:

I can not believe that your husband had a Rob dream. I am jealous… I haven’t even had a Rob dream – and I’ve been crushing for years now! Ugh!

However, I think that not only am I in love with the character, Edward… I am totes in love with Rob, just for the same reasons you mentioned. He is just so charming, it melts my insides like sugar!!!

16. che says:

wow liked that
    actually liked Mr.Robruinedme
    he is so cool!!!!!!!

17. Mariposa says:

Lovely letter! Rob is certainly irresistible. I wish I could convince my husband of it but he still says his last name is “Patterson.” I think he’s completely jealous and irrational.

My daughter (17), on the other hand, is slowly coming around. We went to the Twilight movie for the LOLs and she can’t stand the books. She’s probably the only teenage high school girl that doesn’t but I love her for that. She watched Remember Me and How To Be with me and found them to be great movies. I’ve also played some of his interviews while she was on her computer next to mine and his unfiltered comments always make her say “What did he say?” So I replay them for her and she thinks he’s crazy funny. I think WFE may be the point of no return for her.

18. Sue G. says:

“I bit the bait when i saw you strut into that blasted cafeteria …”

And then he gave that little smirk….ahhhh….melt….swoon!

And I am very thankful for UC and Moon for giving all of us “normal” people a place to gather and just be normal!

oh my…Rob in red drinking without sox …I don’t think I will get over my addicction TODAY! 🙂

• melronin says:

Looooove red!!!
      ..or TOMORROW! or…EVA!!!

• niahid says:

Hi, do you think he’ll be doing voice over for animation film?
      Please let the character be some hug able fluffy animal and let him use his accent. Better yet if they let him sing in it

20. southernbelle says:

I love your letter!

I fell for Rob too, not Edward. I saw the movie before I read the books, Rob actually encouraged me to read them. I love Edward too naturally, after reading learning more about him through Rob.

Thank you Rob for putting a face and a body to our Edward! You’re the perfect man for the job. I can’t imagine anyone else playing Edward.

• robgirl86 says:

You are so right, I still think that without Rob the Saga films wouldn’t have had that success, he gave Edward a better soul and face than described at all, my 2 cent

• mountainlion says:

Well said, RG!!!!! Rob gave Edward a better soul.

That’s lovely and Rob would marry that.

kisses,
        me

• southernbelle says:

@RG and ML remember, Edward has no soul! LOL

• southernbelle says:

Hey ML and RG remember, Edward has no soul! LOL

• robgirl86 says:

ohh…SB…Rob is NOT this opinion at all… 🙂
          look

(interview with SheKnows mag.)
          “She­Knows: Vam­pires, because they are dead, are accused in this film and across film his­tory, as not hav­ing a soul. Do you think Edward Cullen has a soul?

Robert Pat­tin­son: Yeah, def­i­nitely. I can’t remem­ber who said it, but a soul and a heaven must exist because good peo­ple aren’t rewarded enough on earth. I always liked that idea, if that makes sense.”

• tupelohoney says:

Yeah, I saw Rob playing Edward before reading the books so the whole time I was reading them I was imagining Rob as Edward ….. for example: each time I read the word “venom” I saw Rob in my head and I said to myself, “Venom? Ooh yeah Rob, poison me baby!!”

Is that normal or what?

LOL.

• southernbelle says:

@Tupelo -Bahaha! Yeah venom baby! Robward can bite me all the time. I imagined him too when reading the books! I also imagine him when I read fanfic. 🙂 Rob is not easily forgotten, he’s embedded in my brain forever. That’s a good thing!

Le sigh!

@RG, thanks girl, yes to me he is the best part of the saga. I’m a little biased as you can see. I’m very partial to Rob. He makes me go gaga.

tupelohoney and SB

Rob makes reading oh so much better now (and I was an avid reader before)! Reading Bel Ami, WFE and now re-reading the Twi Saga has given me great visuals!

21. hilar! yet another LTR gal i wanna be friends with!

22. Cocoano says:

So many of us with the same affliction and requiring our version of Penthouse Forum in which to ruminate.

My story so parallel to Robruinedme. That first swagger into the cafeteria, followed by the hours of missing sleep due to exhaustive web searching for info/photos/video on him. And even now, I go to sleep so much better with a video montage of him playing on the bedroom TV (Of course, after hubs is already sawing logs!)

The stealthy injection of all things Rob into conversations with hubs. My favorite tactic takes the position is usually prefaced by something like “there’s that kid from Twilight being interviewed again , you gotta admire his self deprecation, normalcy, sense of humor about the whole thing. Don’t you just feel so sorry for him, loosing any normal life years ago already and he’s only 24? Can you imagine that kind of world-wide fame and adulation from the time you’re barely 20”. So hopefully hubs is understanding my maternal concern is making me watch all the interviews and stuff. At least he can lie to himself with a plausible reason to justify my overwrought interest!

23. applepie says:

YOU are awesome! and I can SOOO relate. my boyfriend told me the other day he dreamt that he hung out w/ Rob and they became good friends. I’m now shipping the bromance between him and Rob!

24. ThatsNormalGrlNC says:

“My theory is that if straight males were targeted directly with Rob propaganda for a considerable period of time they will crumble just as quickly if not faster…..”

I absolutely LOVED this. I may have to try this at home…. I’m guessing the key is to play it cool.

On another note, Toni Basil’s “Mickey” just came on my playlist and I IMMEDIATELY started envisioning myself in that music video in the cheerleader outfit cheering for Rob, with a big cutout of his face on my sweater and sparkly pom poms that throw glitter in the air when you shake them, then I saw us holding hands running through the meadow together… hm, okay, should probably stop there.

25. Robjunkie says:

Ah, the familiar refrain of Robsession. We’ve all travelled the exact same path into this madness. But before we unceremoniously kick Edward Cullen to the kerb, I’d like to offer my heartfelt thanks to the sparklepeen. If it hadn’t been for that guy, we would not have been exposed to the fuckhawtness that is Robert Pattinson. I seriously doubt that we would have been wasting the better part of our lives posting on a blog devoted to the kid who played Cedric Diggory. I mean, Rob certainly wasn’t lighting up the silver screen before Twilight. So, here’s to you Edward, may your sparklepeen continue to blaze a trail through the hearts and vaginas of women all over the world.

“before we unceremoniously kick Edward Cullen to the kerb” Loved that Robjunkie!

I fell in love with Edward by reading the books. I was going thru a tough time and although the books are not that well written I was sucked in.
      Now don’t get me wrong, as soon as I watched the Twi DVD extras I became a fan of Rob. And did kinda kick EC to the curb. But alas, this is how we all know of Rob so we should be very thankful!

26. Ooblek says:

Excellent letter! I’m a long time lurker, first time commenter as well. My story is similar to most I guess. I read the books and was horrified by the whiny sappiness of the characters. Seriously, if I read “Tell me what you’re thinking….” one more time, I swear I was going to hurl.

Not only that, but being a middle school teacher, I’m always getting in conversations with my students about how it IS CREEPY for someone to crawl through your bedroom window and watch you sleep. And I think most girls are sick of me pounding into their heads that finding any guy as sensitive as Edward is probably not going to happen. Don’t even get me started on Renesme. I just rolled my eyes through that whole storyline.

But, thankfully those books were a catalyst for my Rob discovery. Or maybe not thankfully. He takes up way too much of my time. I’ve always been into tall, skinny British boys with crazy hair. Someone should have warned me, seriously. Thankfully, you all make me fee a twinge of normalcy about it though….

27. mountainlion says:

Hi Robruinedme,

You are in great company here….loved your letter.

We are all mad.

I wanna see “males crumble.” ahahahahahah

Sponge bath? Yes, please. When do we begin?

love,
    lion

28. Robruinedme says:

Love your name 🙂

29. FM21 says:

Urgh, I just feel the same as your name.

30. FM21 says:

I suppose I should say that I am talking about the author of this post, which is “robruinedme”. Yes, yes he did. He absolutely, without a doubt, ruined me. 🙂

It’s days like this that I wish Rob did read this site! Then he would truly know that we are in love with HIM, not just Edward Cullen!

P.S. I just got back from buying Hot Pockets at the store. Thanks Rob!

• drsaka says:

Good purchase, RFM!!!!

Hey drsaka! It seems like it’s been awhile. How are you?

• drsaka says:

Hi, I’m okay. How are you?

I’m going through a difficult job change right now involving moving etc. So I haven’t been ablre to be on LTR for a couple of weeks. Its not over yet.

Ick! Moving is never fun but hopefully it’s all worth it in the end! I’m glad you caught a few moments to relax at LTR!
            I’m doing good, my crazy week at work was last week. Now I have this week and then a week off! yay!

• drsaka says:

Oh that’s good, less crazy weeks are good. Was it the end of the school year?

Yep, last week of school! We have this week to say goodby and get ready for a new bunch of kiddos! This is the first year we have a week off in between and I’m thinking of stalking the WFE set! Since they didn’t cast me, I’m left to fend for myself!

• PrinceGreasyHair says:

Hot Pockets … my husband calls them “Rob Bait.”

32. anna says:

So many similar stories with slightly different twists. I think Rob has cast a spell on us all because I too was once a sensible 27 year old mum of two. Now the first thing I look forward to of a morning is LTR and more Rob…and more Rob….

I tried to subtly show my enthusiasm after the Twilight movie and got Kristen Stewart movies as well as Rob one to show that my interest wasn’t only on Rob. When I brought home Adventureland and told the hubby it had Kristen Stewart from Twilight in it, he turned around and said, have you got a THING for him or something. I went bright red and said Kristen plays the part of Bella! But he obviously had already cottened on to my obsession – a THING, bit more than a thing sweety!

33. dazzledtodeath says:

oh no, no husband. that’s where Johnny Depp comes in.

34. Rob's Bitch says:

Wow robruinedme, you are one sneaky girl. I could never be that devious with Mr. Bitch. Maybe because I have no subtlety.

Luckily my open infatuation has been somewhat contagious. He’ll make a crack on occasion, but I see him smiling and chuckling when Rob is on talk shows and says “he seems like a nice guy.”

What he can’t seem to accept is that I watch The Bachelor/ette. Wanting to ravage a 24-year-old actor is just dandy, but watching that crap is unnacceptable!

35. cledbo says:

Love it. Especially the mister dreaming of Rob, and not knowing how a whole bunch of Normal LTR Girls are squee-ing about it all over the world. Classic.

Are you still closeted in your real life, or are hints of Rob sneaking into view? Screensavers? “Have Some Plaid” tshirts? Rob toilet paper? Do tell!

36. Dionrenee says:

Wow, all these night posts…..late night Rob Bloggers is growing..YAY!!!

37. confusedbyrob says:

Dear robruinedme,

Wow! Can we be friends? Please? I too am Indian (curry and all) and just a few years older than you. I led a totally normal existence prior to discovering Rob. I have a great hubby and teeny little kids that have no idea how crazy I truly am! Well, my hubby has finally discovered the depths of my obsession, although I save all my googling while at work 🙂 He is not too happy about it but doesn’t seem too bothered either.

Anyhow, I felt totally insane and ALONE in my craziness because I don’t seem to identify with anyone. My friends don’t “get” my passion. I’m not “out” with my love but I don’t deny it when questioned. I’m not a crazy Twi-mom, I don’t own any Twilight gear, I don’t blog or write or express my crazyiness in any way (well, except my recent trip down to see Rob in person…another story for another day) so I feel like I don’t really fit any other mold. Reading your letter made me feel somewhat connected to someone else. I hope there are more like us out there!

Thanks for making me smile 🙂

ConfusedbyRob

38. Faye~fayezeewayzee says:

Hello Robruinedme,
    I loved your letter.Of course I believe we all have one of those inside of us! And yes, your (tag) name pretty much sums it up for all of us! The beginning for me,was my middle DD was *hooked* and I had no idea what *Twilight* even was. She called me up one day and said to turn the tv on, because this guy from the movie was gonna be on. I called her back and said, well that is a *weird* looking guy. If I had any sence in my head, I would have realized that the damage had just been done! I love weird, different, unusual, out of the ordinary…you get the picture! So yes, I’m an older woman, who has met gals of all ages, who are totally and helplessly caught in Mr. Pattersons spell! We are definitely a *sisterhood* of sorts! I’ll be forever thankful that my DD *turned me on* to my Robbie, because I have had one heck of a wild ride this year! Met and become great friends with gals world wide.
    And yeah, it was Mr. Pattinson who I originally fell for…but I do love the Twi series, and most of what he will (from here on out) be involved with. I am mostly looking forward to *Water For Elephants*! Red the book recently and totally fell in love all over again!
    I could go on and on….but I’ll just say…good night my doll baby Robbie! ;O)

39. Faye~fayezeewayzee says:

Gosh, I’m a ding dong…that was supposed to be *read* not *red* up above *pointing up*! hehe!