I guess to help promote Water for Elephants you and Reese will be presenting an Award at the American Country Music awards in April. Yes, I’ll let that sink in… you at the country music awards… because circus’s (circuses/circi?) and country music… hand and glove or whatever they say. So because I spent must of the day chuckling thinking about you and Reba dishing the dirt about Twilight or you and Keith Urban talking about flat irons and how you refused and how he embraced. So since I love myself some country music and some Rob and the potential awesomeness of the situation I’ve spent all day coming up with this list…
Rob at the ACM awards with Reese Witherspoon. This is funny because…
- Reese resurrects her June Cash and Rob tries to mumble through a Johnny Cash song.
- Trace Adkins/Vince Gil/Randy Travis introduces Rob as that sparkly vampire his daughter likes and we all cringe.
- Robert Pattinson’s understanding of country music is only slightly more advanced than his knowledge of theoretical particle physics
- I would say having an englishman at a country music awards show is like having George W. Bush at at the Source awards but then I remember Mumford & Sons… well… nevermind?
- Will Rob find a pair of Wranglers at the thrift store and have them pressed and starched for the event? Or will he find a retro country music jumpsuit a la Jimmy Fallon and make Reese wear a matching one?
- Damn Oscars you got burned! Rob does the Country Awards show and can’t be bothered with your Fighters and your Swans or your Winter Boning.
- The possibility that Taylor Swift may perform “Back to December” and you may cry because you were a HUGE Swiftner supporter. Weren’t we all??
- Rob will return to set and tell everyone he’s “gonna put a boot in their ass cause it’s the American way…” and that “all his exes live in Texas.”
April 3rd can’t come soon enough friends and Rob. I’m taking bets now on whether you will be wearing a 10 gallon hat, belt buckle or really over the top exotic animal skin boots and whether he throws in a “yall” or a “howdy” to his banter. Place your bets ladies…
Shock and Ya’ll!
Which song do you want Rob to duet on? So answer the question I posed… Rob on the ACM’s is funny because…