We ask unbiased music lovers about Rob’s latest song

Rat tails are sexy

It’s about that time…. No not to bring forth the rhythm and the rhyme. I know you’re gonna get yours and you want to see sweat commin’ out my pores but I gotta put my foot down and end this weird Marky Mark train of thought (this happened and it’s staying) because we need to talk about the new (old) song that was just released by something called Sofa whatever.

Listen to the original:

So yesterday it hits the webs and I immediately text UC since this was like a def con level 5 Rob moment and I couldn’t hit play cause there were over the shoulder hangers on at work and I didn’t want to risk having to explain the clapping/screaming/moaning that could potentially be coming from my computer if I hit play. So like a good internet wifey she started sending me her thoughts… she wasn’t a big fan of it… and of course I have to be devil’s advocate and think it can’t be that bad right? I mean it’s YOU! You could record bunnies frolicking and we’d like it. But UC brought us that THAT is the exact reason it might not be the best thing since sliced bread. We are blinded by YOU and unable to think about things rationally when a hot man is holding a guitar and singing. GUILTY! So at UC’s insistence we edited out the intro with his name, uploaded the song, renamed it something random and I sent it out to a small handful of trusted, good music loving, friends to see what the REAL verdict was.

Hmm will I pass my own blind listening test?

I emailed them the link and only said “give me your honest opinions.”

So clearly, before we start we all realize this is a rough demo type recording, not professional, etc…

Here are some of the responses I got back from my initial email…

First response was from LTT friend/contributor and brother to Moon: The Hatchet

It’s raw and unbridled. It’s clear the heartbreak in the singer’s voice. There’s talent there for rough song. Not necessarily my cup if tea, but I appreciate it.

Who is it?

From ItsintheShoes -

It’s not that great. His voice breaks A LOT. and overall there’s really weak song structure. but you know, it’s not making me stab my eyes out with pencils or anything. Who is it?

Hmmm who to sound like today… Ray… Van.. Ryan.. ROB?

After I told ItsintheShoes it was you and sent her links to Never Think and Let Me Sign (the youtube versions with cheesy pics of you which I told her to ignore) she responded…

aww he’s trying to be Ray LaMontagne! and I will most certainly NOT ignore those photos, Moon. also, I didn’t realize he put this stuff out into the world. ballsy.

Follow the cut to see what happens

From Hisoneandonly:

he mumbles a lot. is this rob?? hahahahah.
sounds like it is trying to be acoustic ryan adams-esque (older stuff, obviously)? and add in a little foy vance to it too.

i … kind of like this. a lot. especially on a cold/dreary day. i have not followed the lyrics of it. but i always have a hard time following lyrics in general.

I responded to HisOneandOnly and told her it was indeed Rob. Her response:

HAHA oh it IS him?! hahahahahaha. i guess that mumble just gives him away. hahha. ah, yes i see though, how it could be easily blinded by him. but i agree with you – that there is definitely a lot of potential there and it is good stuff. i mean, im pretty sure if he sounded like that singer from Creed (sorry Scott Stapp), we would NOT like his music, no matter how hot rob is.

How To Be… a guitar player

From Shesnotgonnastay (an actual recording songwriter):

There’s something happening in this track, but I’m not sure exactly what it is. The voice is really great and the vibe is there, but it’s a bit too stream of consciousness for me. The guitar’s a mess and I don’t hear any melodies or lyric ideas that would make the song memorable—save for “it’s all on you.”

That said, I hear the signs of real artistry in the track, just not “for the masses” artistry.

This is obviously a live appearance of something somewhere (given the sounds of camera shutters and the applause at the end) so it may have just been a moment, in which case I would love to hear more from this artist, but if the whole catalog sounds like this I’ll take my Damien Rice and go home thank you very much.

After I told Shesnotgonnastay that it was Rob he responded:

That’s really funny. Dude’s got a cool voice. A little shaky in spots, but fits the vibe he was going for.

From The Font-

Seems like a lot of grunting and vamping to me? But I am not the target audience for dude with a guitar singing about his feelings rock.

Just making the ladies swoon… don’t worry

From White Yorkie-

I dunno, it sounds like a bunch of other stuff…  In my opinion, it’s hard to make this genre of music sound fresh these days.

after the big reveal that it’s Rob, White Yorkie said..

interesting…  he’s not terrible…

From EastCoastGuyFriend-

Guy has a good voice, the song has very little structure, like…he’s making it up as he goes. Reminds be of Amos Lee.

A friend?

After I told EastCoastGuyFriend it was Rob and not a friend he responded:

Ok, I was being polite cause I thought it was your friend.

The song sucks, the lyrics are a mess of nickelback vibrado (sp). Basically, hes trying too hard. there aren’t 4 chords that follow the same chord progression in the entire song. Just stick to taking tweens buy your poster, Bob patterson

Oh boys… will they ever change?

No, boys will never change but at least we had the majority of the sample population be intrigued and ask who you were! I feel like we’re getting somewhere. So while this recording may not land you a on all the hot music blogs and have the masses clamoring for tickets it showed us we were not only blinded by your loveliness but that actual lovers of good music thought you were interesting and had potential! YEA!!! We’re not crazy!! Ok, only a little bit crazy.

Going for another listen…

So what were your thoughts on the song? Can we not be prejudiced either way about Rob or his music at this point?

Source: everyone and their dog for posting this.

96 Responses to “We ask unbiased music lovers about Rob’s latest song”

love the song, voice, pic, Rob, the end.

2. drsaka says:

I did like it- he really does commit to the song in terms of emotion- this is a really good thing.

I would have loved to have been a rock journalist so my inner music critic comes out (can’t help it)- I have to agree with some of the above comments about structure and chord progression. His voice does break, but he hasn’t exactly been focusing on playing out, now has he?

Dear Rob, please choose a song that’s more mid- or up-tempo. Please bust out the electric guitars that you’ve purchased. Re-visit some old blues standards- I have plenty of suggestions, if you’d like. Mumbling is your style, so go for it!!

Can I be your backup singer, please?
    Me

• che says:

wth? who didn’t like this comment?
      u are right
      YEA @draska!

• drsaka says:

Thanks- my comments were fairly mild, so who knows-

• roslynselene says:

It’s cause die-hard fans expect you to kiss ass (figuratively, of course). I liked your comment. It’s constructive criticism. : )

• natteringyeahrobber says:

Re the thumbs down…Bear is probably up to his old keyboard tricks again. One paw wants to hit thumbs up, but the other paw accidentally hits thumbs down.

Actually, would love to see Bear’s reaction to this clip. Would he be like all Victrola-dog and just stare the speaker? Would he try to howl along? Or would he just curl up, pant, and look content?

• natteringyeahrobber says:

wait, is bear male or female? i assume male because of the male-sounding name, but maybe i’m wrong?

• drsaka says:

One more thing-

my living room has great acoustics- drop by anytime with your guitar and beanie.
        Me

• minuit_passe says:

ouuuhouuuu for back singer draska!!!!

• MariaCecilia says:

Don’t worry, I get hated on too, every time I do anything but love-gush – it’s probably one of those RABID fans who will kill for Rob, stalking the site. Speak your mind: we’re all for it on LTT! Rob can take some constructive criticism, I’m sure – he seems like the sort of guy who falls for a strong woman and is eager to hear what she REALLY thinks.

• Cath says:

Who gave that a thumbs down??? I completely agree, so thumb me down as well, hahahaha. ;-) Bring it on!

3. PinkFluff says:

I’m saying this and running.

With some coaching and a different environment, he’d make a way better singer than actor. While he IS getting better in film, music is something I feel comes more naturally to him.
    (I lied, I will run AFTER I post this. Keep in mind, I’m too cute to kill. It’d be like punting a kitten.)

His voice is pretty damn incredible in parts. Take away the liquor he was surely sucking down, the pack of Reds with only 2 left and the nerves of all those people jumpy clapping because omigah!!! RPattz is SINGING! and I think it’s a good rough cut. People would kill for the deep, raspy grit he has when he sings. That’s musical sex, is what it is. You can’t learn that. It just comes. (ha. I love puns.)

Pretty is talented. I would love to hear more. Better yet I’d love to hear him live in my…I mean in a small venue. Thanks to aforementioned jumpy clappers that’ll never happen.

• superhumanmoron says:

I would also love to hear him in a small venue. In, say, a town known for music . One that starts with N and ends in ashville.

But I cringe, CRINGE!!!! at the thought of the audience if it was a publicized gig.

• minuit_passe says:

Hey i’m here to kill you!
      I disagree with the coaching, because I think it would take away the sincerity and the rawness that kills me the most. Also highly disagree on the “take away the booze”, this is one tasteless irresponsable comment, please take it back!

But totally totally agree with everything else! It’s rough and it’s full of emotions and it touches a string and the voice that breaks (alas, less than previous times) (I hope that means what I think it means) only adds more touching and reaching out to the whole thing. It just makes me scream in my head (not only b/c it’s him but b/c it’s that kind of music) and aww and melt and drink dry whiskey, while Rob the actor and his movie choices make me cringe (and aw in between).

P.S. THE ADORKABLE DRUNK CHILDISH SLURRING just reminded me why I fell in love with this guy, and I forgot that ages ago. I didn’t even watch the interviews because meh, but this, seriously these few seconds were gold.

• Amber says:

You’re lucky I like kittens. And that you really are cute. ;)

4. Aleisha says:

Could I listen to a whole CD of Rob’s mumbling? No.

But, there is something soulful and powerful in his voice, and I think even if it weren’t him, it’d catch my attention b/c of that.

5. che says:

i’m not sure about the song but the voice is the excat point for me -unless he makes an album-
    i don’t think i’m blinded by him and also don’t claim am a music expert but in my like his voice is beautiful..oh yeah so much potential!!
    c’mon Rob u can sell more than posters

6. thebonfire says:

that nickleback comment was way out of line. immediately discredited.

7. JodieO says:

Haha! This happens to be today’s forum topic, too!

I gotta say I’m not a fan of it. I think he and Marcus Foster have very similar styles, but I think Marcus does it way better. Sorry, Rob! If I hurt your feelings just let me know and I’ll kiss it all better.

• Amber says:

Agreed completely about Rob vs. Marcus.

I just have to wonder if Marcus does it better cause he does it all the time and now has the backing of a record label versus Rob who just sings every now and then in a hotel room without any real audience.

I think Marcus would still be the stronger of the two regardless, but it would be interesting to see what a studio and a little coaching could do.

8. Cazza says:

Takes a deep breath and says, “I hated it”. I could only listen to a few minutes before turning it off and trust me, I tried to listen to the entire song but it sounded as if somebody was strangling him in places.

I know JodieO mentioned Marcus Foster but I think Sam Bradley has the better voice out of all that crew – indeed, it’s a personal thing.

So don’t hate too much but he definitely needs some fine tweaking & tuning ; 0

x

I like both Sam and Marcus who have similar voices to the Pretty. But for me it’s the style of Marcus’ music I like better than Sam. It’s a little more upbeat and fun. I can sing along in the car to it! The mellow is good too, but it’s great for background/coffee shop music.

• dazzledtodeath says:

I’ve seen Sam & Bobby, don’t know Marcus’ music very well. Sam is very sweet and funny (and talented) but Bobby is my favorite-he’s so amazingly talented. Rob needs to hang out w/ him a little more & brush up on his guitar playing.

Could you imagine all of these guys playing together (incl. Rob)?? It’ll never happen but imagine the screaming pandemonium..& the off-the-charts hotness factor.

• roslynselene says:

Well I like Bobby (mainly because he’s the only one I’ve heard live) but I also like Sam’s music as well.

Oh and I dreamt of that happening. The whole britpack was on stage before our eyes but there was an imposter Rob. And then we walked out. That was a disappointing dream. Smh

• Cazza says:

I’ve got to say that Bobby is more appealing since he has started touring with his band. It has given him a much needed boost stage wise. I do enjoy his stories as well in between songs.

I’ve only seen Marcus once and he was extremely nervous but maybe he has gotten better with time. I know many, many MF fans, so he must be doing something right.

Sam is the one that appears more confident on stage and I don’t worry about him messing up as a result!!!

• dazzledtodeath says:

Agree. The first time I saw him him played mostly by himself. I saw him a few months ago w/his band and was blown away and yes, he’s very funny & cute in-between songs. I also was happy to see a very mixed crowd-lots of guys, not just Twifans, and all were very enthusiastically enjoying the show.

• Nelle says:

OK. Thumbs down me for being an old lady (’cause I am). I love Rob- he can play guitar and piano beautifully, does everything beautifully- but sing-NO. His voice is good- but his style is horrible. I would love to hear him just SING something- not that whiny, nasal, mumbling. Sorry Sweetie- had to say it. I would say it to my own sons so I feel I owe it to Clare.

• Maggie says:

Nelle: I wouldn’t thumbs down you hon, because everyone’s entitled to their opinion and I know where you’re coming from. When I first heard Rob sing (other than “Never Think”, in which I think his voice is soft and lovely) I cringed. It sounded like wailing and he often seemed off key and grating. But I kept listening and I slowly started to hear something so raw and deep and soulful that I realized it wasn’t about hearing the words or about his tone and pitch. It’s about the depth and intensity of his feelings. As I think I said in my previous post, I feel like he loses himself when he sings and he bares his core to us. It’s a part of Rob that we don’t otherwise see and one of the best parts, IMO. If you listen to Van Morrison and to the early Bob Dylan, they have some of the same qualities. (I also go way back!!).

So plug in those earbuds and listen, and then listen again and then again to Rob pouring out his soul and see if you have a change of heart like I did.

And see if you don’t fall in love with him all over again.

9. natteringyeahrobber says:

Can you imagine just sitting in some pub a friend, nursing a pint of pomegranate cider (it is actually really good – always sells out at the pub I go to, even dudes order it, srsly) and sitting directly across from a table marked “reserved for band.” “Wonder who it is tonight?” you ask your friend and she probably responds “probably more of that kid-friendly reggae, this place is crawling with tots.” And you laugh at her, even though one of your kids is under table drawing on her shoes and the other one is sitting across from her taking 400 pictures of pub strangers on your iPhone (keeps him quiet). And then. “Ladies and gentlemen…we have Rob Pattinson tonight.” Camera battery/memory dead. Me…dead. Friend…dead. Kids…that’s when they’d both need to pee.

It is a scenario I dream of. My first thought on his music is that it is almost like a lullaby. Almost because it is soothing but it is also provocative and very moody. It is soulful, genuine and deep. I always have a soft spot for that type of music. It almost reminds me of Kelly Joe Phelps, at least in spirit and form. ( ex. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NH-0GtqpYg ). It is not as polished or practiced as KJP, but something about it just reminds me of him, and KJP is something of a guitar god to me. It’s not the same music, but it seems to come from the same beautiful place.

• natteringyeahrobber says:

And I’ll try to put on my Simon Cowell glasses for a moment. In terms of performance, it was not the best. He even had a disclaimer – out of practice, needs a little direction. So yes, although it was a bit dreamy, the dream needs more focus.

But, in terms of potential, yah, I’d send him to Hollywood or whatever. He’s good, and if good makes me swoon, better will make me faint and best will kill me.

• kaybvee says:

Pomegranate cider? Yum. I need to get me some of that!

I agree with you about the lullaby/soothing thing. I love a certain something about his voice. And do we know if he wrote this song? I do tend to really like his lyrics.

10. TheColdWoman says:

So when this started, I thought it was Never Think. And Let Me Sign is similar to Never Think, right? (I suck and only know the one on my soundtrack.) So, I pretty much think it’s the same guitar over and over again with different words/tune. Sorry. Put all three of those on a CD, no thanks. I would like to see him actually singing. I can’t imagine what his face looks like when he’s making some of those sounds.

PS – I spied Moon on Biggest Loser last night! Go Olivia!!

11. jessigrlkc says:

I love his recorded stuff, but I did not like this. It was very make-it-up-as-you-go and I kinda even giggled on some parts where he really went for it with a run and couldn’t find the end to it (confusing??) but, I give him credit for putting himself out there like that, as bashful as he seems.

12. Brenn says:

Dear Rob –

Oh dear boy, I found the song quite dreamy. I’d love to hear more. Let’s arrange a concert in a smoky jazz club. I’ll be the one drinking a scotch and soda, sitting with my LTR friends. We’ll clap, moan, and sigh at all the right times. No screaming though–you get enough of that.

Brenn

Yes, this is a rough cut. Yes, the voice (swoon) cracks at times. Yes, this was an improtu performance by a man that hasn’t had much time perfecting this craft. But I understand more lyrics in this song than Never Think and Let me Sign combined.
    I can imagine myself in a little coffee shop enjoying this artist. And def enjoying the view. But I am easily swayed by a guy with a guitar, especially this guy!

I MISS MY OLD AVI!!

14. Krystle says:

I love that you did a blind listen test. That was really telling! I should do that to my bf and see what he says…

15. dazzledtodeath says:

I love Rob’s voice-to me, I think it’s very unique and sexy, and I love this type of music and don’t think he sounds like anyone I’ve heard. I know nothing about playing music but it does sound like he could use a little practice on the guitar. Now what I’d really love is a video of him playing the piano, after which I would burst into flames and die happy.

Interesting test-I’m glad Rob came out of it pretty well. My husband is not a fan of Rob’s music (to put it mildly) and would have torn this apart if asked for his opinion. I did laugh at EastCoastGuyFriend’s remark that he was being nice b/c he thought it was a friend lol.

• natteringyeahrobber says:

“video of him playing the piano” – YES. I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again, but I sort of hope Breaking Dawn is entirely Rob playing the piano. We will all sit down and the lights will go off, and surprise! we’ll just see Rob playing the piano for 2 hours.

Summit wouldn’t do that though. But maybe there can be an alternate version of BD with just Rob on piano and maybe a few acoustic guitar songs.

• dazzledtodeath says:

yeah, show me Rob naked in the water & then cut to the piano playing (also naked would be ok w/me). I don’t need anything else.

• natteringyeahrobber says:

lol. BD: naked rob in water, naked rob on piano, more naked water rob, more naked piano, naked guitar rob, headboard rob, then a finale with naked rob playing piano in the water, and then tai places a tip in his tip jar.

better have medics available during the show. when the lights in the theater come back on, i imagine many women will be slumped over in their chairs.

• The Old One says:

I wish I had YouTube skillz. I’m directing a video in my head with clips from “The Piano”, you know, with the piano sitting on the beach, then Rob in the water from “Little Ashes”, headboard Rob leaked clip, Rob on the piano from Twilight clip, lots of moody sultry Rob clips from photo shoots, like the one of him lying on the bathroom floor with his finger in the bathtub with the naked lady. Ending with Tai putting the tip in the jar! Brilliant ending.

• Em of M says:

I would pay good money to see this cut of BD. In fact, I’m now gonna be sorely disappointed when this is not what I see in the theater come November. Oh well.

• natteringyeahrobber says:

OK, In EW, Rob stated:

“There’s some interesting and weird stuff going on — really very, very, very strange. It’s great. For a big mainstream movie, it’s the most obscure storyline and really outside the box.”

And now, Michael Sheen (Aro) states:
        “I haven’t seen it [the film] yet but the scripts and stories are pretty full on…There are a lot of major things that happen … I think it’s pretty intense .”

By full-on, I’m sure he meant full-on-frontal and obviously that would be intense.

So yes, ladies, there is a chance that BD will be full-on Rob playing his various instruments! Wooo-woooO!

16. Wow, it’s been months since I’ve been here. Hello to all the ladies!

Now about the song. At first, here are my thoughts on Rob as a musician. Prior to this, I had only heard ‘Never Think’ and ‘Let Me Sign.’ I LOVED ‘Let Me Sign.’ The raw emotions evident in his voice makes my heart jump every time I listen to it. However, I couldn’t say the same for ‘Never Think’. I enjoyed the guitar playing but could barely understand any of the mumbling. Sorry Rob!

As for this song, I was a little skeptical at first and to be honest, when I saw all the fansites orgasming over the song, I too thought they were all blinded by his hotness. Maybe this was more of his mumbling. I’m happy to say I was proven wrong. Again, I enjoyed the guitar in the beginning, and his voice is of course very touching. And the song in itself has good melody.

However, that being said, my opinions probably don’t count much since I know very little about music. Nevertheless, I think he should give being a musician a shot, since there are so few people in the industry who actually play and sing well.

• natteringyeahrobber says:

Regarding the mumbling…I’m not a huge fan of mumble-music. I do love the way his voice gets all throaty and bluesy when he does the mumble thing, but I’ll admit I had to google for the lyrics.

17. Amber says:

How much do I love that you did this test? It makes me feel better about liking it and that I had the same critiques as most of the pros. I win!

I did see something on EW the other day. It was 25 reasons they love Rob and one of them was “He can sing, but he doesn’t shove it down your throat like other actor/singers.”

I thought that was a pretty good and accurate statement. This took over a year to get released and I am pretty sure the only reason it did is because SofarSounds needed something that would be insanely popular to help raise money for their campaign. I like that Rob can sing and, don’t hate me, I kind of like that we only get these tiny little tastes every now and then. If he ever puts our an album, these moments just wouldn’t mean as much.

18. roslynselene says:

Well I liked the song. It wasn’t my favorite but I still played it like 8 or 10 times just to hear his voice. I like his singing voice a lot. But my favorite Rob song is still “I Was Broken” hands down. Ugh, I cannot get enough of that song.

Dearest Rob,
    If you released a studio version of “I Was Broken”, I…I…
    I can’t finish the sentence cause Idk what I’d do. Please (pretty pretty pretty please) take at least a whole year to do some music.

• Em of M says:

Oh, “I Was Broken” is definitely my favorite Rob song as well. I just cannot get enough of it. Turns me into a big puddle of goo every time. I have no idea what would happen if he ever released a studio version. I suspect I’d probably go catatonic. It’d be well worth it, though.

• maggie says:

In my post, I mention “I’ll Be Your Lover”, which i do love, but I was actually thinking of “I Was Broken”, which has always been my favorite Robkillmenowsong until this new one was released.

19. Rob's Bitch says:

I love this! I feel like people are so biased against him and dismiss him easily – so this was an excellent way to get honest opinions.

I agree with the consensus – interesting and has potential.

I think if he got some good coaching and people to produce him, he’d be amazing.

20. Robsesser says:

Here’s a link to video of him singing – it was on twilightlexicon.com so I’m assuming LTT might not have seen it yet!

21. MariaCecilia says:

This is one talented guy! I love his voice and the emotion he projects, and I think it’s kinda awesome that he plays both the piano and the guitar as well as he does. I agree though, that it would be even better if he worked on the melody and the structure of the song; this reminds me of both Never think and Let Me Sign. I hope he doesn’t slur his lyrics out of self-consciousness because I think they are worth hearing!

22. Janetrigs says:

I get all my Ron musak knowlegde from Moon, UC and Lula. That’s a true story. I trust their opinions. They rule.

23. The Old One says:

I can’t decide if it’s weakness or greatness that Rob’s songs are unstructured and stream-of-consciousness. His Brit-pack musician buddies have the singer-songwriter thing down, they’ve whittled and practiced their songs so they fit a more conventional mold. But Rob just starts in and goes off, like he’s making it up as he goes along, which I’m thinking is actually very hard to pull off and actually makes it more personal and unique. Unless that means it’s just “bad”. So I don’t know.

24. maggie says:

I love to hear Rob singing not only because he sings with so much raw emotion, but because I always hear him lose himself in his songs and in his guitar and he bares his soul down to the depths of his core. For the last couple of years, Rob always seems to have to be so guarded about everything he says and does. When he sings, he sounds free and he soars. And like someone said, it’s like musical sex: pure abandon. I think this is the best of the recordings of Rob that I’ve heard. It has the softness of Never Think and the grit of Let Me Sign and I’ll Be Your Lover. It’s like a lullaby. I fell into a deep sleep last night while it was playing in my head.

I’d never make it out of a Rob concert alive.

25. lola says:

I think Rob has a great voice, and he’s singing live when we hear him. He doesn’t seem to hold back, goes for broke usually, and that results in imperfect yet emotional results.

I think his speaking voice makes you expect some sweet sounds to come out of his singing. And yet, it’s more gritty and richer than you’d expect.

Does he obviously seem to borrow a bit stylistically from the likes of Ray LaM. and Amos Lee and Jeff Buckley? Sure. I’d sure prefer that over Usher or some shit like that! lol

26. JellyBeanRainbow says:

I don’t like it, and I didn’t like Never Think (but I did like Let Me Sign).
    I don’t like that type of music in general, it makes me uncomfortable and it’s annoying sometimes. I remember UC & Moon once described it as whinny folksy music and that’s how it sounds to me.
    I’d probably go and listen him sing live, but just because it’s him and he’s pretty to look at.

I’m not going to even start talking about the picture, it’s so beautiful it hurts.

• natteringyeahrobber says:

one of the comments on the youtube video was “would you all still think he was as talented if he was some middle aged fat guy?”‘

and i think yes, i would still think he was talented, but i probably wouldn’t clutch my pearls & need to breathe into a paper bag during the performance, you know?

27. LadyN says:

Dear Ron,
    I’m a singer. *nods* …. What? No, srsly I am. I’m a saint in church and sang in choirs and even sang in concerts alone with live music. *curtsies*

So, I remember the first time I heard you and I said to myself, you know? He’s not bad at all! I loved the raspyness and the emotion behind the singing. Great tone and vibrato. LOVE when you strum really hard like you’re going to have a seizure, you know? LOVE that part. I think its adorable and even hot. I picture those lengthy fingers of yours workin’ it. *fans self*

I agre with the unbiased—great potential! I’d buy your CD. :-)

But my point to this letter is, can you… ummm…*blushes* Heh. Gah. I mean… sigh. Ok…*smh* Heck i’ll just ask….

Can you, like, sing to me while your face is smothered between my big boobs?

Just curious. I promise I’ll harmonize while you do so! Thanks!

Adjusting the girls,
    LadyN

• LadyN says:

ps. Add some piano pieces in the tracks as well. Would love to hear that… while I lie on top of the piano, boobs front and centered.

js…

• natteringyeahrobber says:

Hmmm….there needs to be a term for that. Motormumbling? Motorhoboing? BoobTuning?

• LadyN says:

You are made of genius! YES! like, one of those. I’ll even write a rap song with Motormumbling or Motorhoboing in it!

:-D I’ll make more millions and Robstew.

28. Sam says:

Honestly, it sucked big time. I know people will stone me for being negative but it’s my opinion. I think Rob is cool (some of the times) but because he’s Robert Pattinson does not mean he’s perfect at everything. The lyrics were hard to make out, the guitar was not that good (for someone who’s been playing for a while he should be better) and his voice was not that great. Actually, I laughed for the entire thing (when I wasn’t clapping my hands over my ears and mouth). Like I said, I like him but he needs to go rule over his kingdom…acting.

• natteringyeahrobber says:

Sam…Bradley, right? I love the idea of Sam Bradley posting a critique of Rob’s music here. I’ll just hope I’m right.

• Maggie says:

Sam, Sam, Sam. Is that any way to talk about your bff? You know Rob doesn’t get to sing very often in front of an audience because of the pandemonium that would ensue. However, his talent is passionate, raw and visceral. Not for everyone. So no worries – he won’t be taking away from your fan base.

Oh, and if you’re NOT Sam Bradley, well then…. whatever. Each to his own. Beauty is in the eye (and the ear) of the beholder.

• natteringyeahrobber says:

Yah, you are right, I cannot imagine Sam Bradley being so harsh with Rob. OK, maybe Sam is Sammy Hagar.

29. southernbelle says:

I don’t have much to say, except the fact that 2 days later, I’m still in the daze because of Rob’s singing and his guitar playing. I think I’m ruined for life. :) I barely understood a word of the song but it doesn’t matter. It’s Rob and I’m completely enchanted by him. A friend sent the lyrics to me later on lol.

Gosh I could just sit anywhere and listen to him sing and play. I don’t care, I’ll drop everything. I’ll just sit there for hours listening.

• 3hboyshouse says:

I am in total agreement with you shortiebestie! He could sing anything and I would love it.

• southernbelle says:

Shortiebestie! Where have you been? It’s been a while!

Rob could sing about Brillo pads and I’d be still enchanted by him!

30. 3hboyshouse says:

Srsly, I just love anything accoustic. You get somebody who shows this much emotion and has a decent voice and they can sing from the phone book for all I care. Loved it and I am totally biased. ;)

I just love hot boys with guitars. And this is why I married a man that plays the baritone. I know, I don’t get it myself.

Love the post Moon! You are very lucky to have such music savvy friends.

31. KeepOnKeepingOn says:

I love anything he does, really. It wasn’t perfect, but that made it even more endearing. It was live, unstructured and if it was anyone else, he wouldn’t be critiqued so heavily. I think because he’s Rob, he’s held to a higher standard by some. But, for a live performance from someone who doesn’t do this everyday or even get to practice very much (HELLO, he’s was busy acting, promoting, being awesome to fans!), I think it was very good. Am I biased? Probably. Oh well. Love the boy:)

• roslynselene says:

I agree that he didn’t have enough time for practice but I don’t think he was working cause this song was recorded last year January. He had that beard during the Haiti telethon.

And I just scared myself. I shouldn’t know these things.
      I’m. . . I’m gonna go now…
      *hides under the table*

32. Conversation Piece says:

I think the base foundation is there (the potential), but there needs to be some coaching with his voice pitch (I find at times he sounds like a whiney cat stuck in a sewer). He sings and plays with emotion like a singer/songwriter does, but the overall performance lacks different levels of depth. With practice at small venues and performances, he will gain the confidence and develop himself more as a singer/artist.

• ER says:

So true. The emotion that he sings with is my favorite thing about his music. I truly love I Was Broken – lyrics and all, even though his voice breaks several times, but the emotion makes me listen, a lot.

33. Tiffany says:

So my Ex boyfriend was in a band and every time he would sing and his voice would break, I would cringe and be embarrassed for him is it normal that I feel the same for Rob?

34. che says:

Dear Rob thnx for visiting me in my dream Again
    it was fantastic i wish u wouldn’t bring Kstew too
    anyway the funniest thing about my dream ;i was thinking about Omg i should write a letter to LTR and tell everyone what happend..LOL that’s how my mind works even in my dream

35. Jessica says: