Breaking the Rules…

I’m breaking the rules & writing to you today, on the 5th anniversary of my marriage to Mr. Choice. He ran out to buy the 7th Harry Potter for our romantic evening in (don’t laugh) and first stopped to get a haircut. What he told me afterwards just HAS to be shared.

I asked how his hair looks as he tried a new salon. He said he loves it. The place was great. “Rick” (who is not gay) was really cool & offered him a beer when he walked in. He asked what he was looking for & Mr. Choice, who is unlike most men over 30 & has a FULL head of hair, asked what Rick thought. Rick said “World War II.” And that’s what he did. I asked Mr. Choice what in the world that meant- and he said,

I think my hair looks a lot like Paddleston’s hair in Water for Elephants

!!!!!! Oh REALLY??? He hasn’t come home yet, but I’m telling you Rob, Mr. Choice looking like you walking through the door would be the best anniversary surprise:

That’s all I got!

UnintendedChoice

I’m off to NYC for my anniversary/birthday/wedding of roommate from college weekend! I’ll wave to you if you live close. MOON RETURNS THIS WEEKEND so we’ll be back to our regular ol’ blogging schedule soon! We have MUCH to break down!

In the meantime, have your guys said anything interesting about Rob lately?

I’ll let you know if Mr. Choice’s hair is really channeling Rob’s! XO

Update: IT WAS!

44 Responses to “Breaking the Rules…”

1. drsaka says:

Dear UC, Happy Anniversary!
    See, Rob is a trend setter for men’s hair!

Dear Rob, those red pants are hilarious.
    Me

• Susiecueablelovesrob says:

drsaka you don’t like the red pants? I think ROB looks so hot in them.
      My husband is about an inch taller than Rob and he is the only other man (apart from Rob) that I know of that looks good in red pants, he also rocks the WFE haircut…..(he went and got it a few months back. The haircut is very popular here in Sweden by the way)!

2. JodieO says:

I can’t tell if you are making fun of the red pants or not. *I* personally thought they were all kinds of hot, but all the other girls on the Flat thought they were awful.

More for me!

• efam says:

I LOVE the red pants!!! It’s the shoes that look a little gross.

• natteringyeahrobber says:

Red pants fan here too. You basically have to have the right body type to pull them off (as a male), and clearly he does.

Does anyone have a close up of the fabric? Is it denim? Canvas? Corded canvas? Brushed canvas…..ohhhhh if it was brushed canvas I’d just have to touch them all day (and since brushed canvas attracts lint, I’d have to roll lint off of Rob all day too). How does one apply for the Rob red pant lint roller position?

The side part still seems too far down. How does one apply to be Rob’s side parter?

• guitargirl says:

I love the red pants too! Much better than the bloody suits he is going to have to wear for this film. I also detest the hairstyle. Both the suit, and the Hitler hair make him look like some wanker banker. However, as it’s UC’s anniversary, and she likes it, then I’ll deal (just for one day.) Happy anniversary UC! πŸ™‚

• JodieO says:

I am enjoying the retro hair. It would be fun to mess up.

• guitargirl says:

LOL! You’d end up with all that waxy shit all over your fingers! Mind you it IS Rob, so I would volunteer myself for the job (and enjoy every bloody minute!) πŸ™‚

• natteringyeahrobber says:

many ++++++ for “wanker banker”. there are many wanker bankers with bad combovers on my bus every day (though i guess they cannot be too wankery since they still ride public transportation). they go on and on about financial markets, exotic trips & renovations to their $2.75M homes. but none are anywhere near as delicious as rob. and all of them would look ridiculous in red pants.

• guitargirl says:

I was going to ask if you had also worked in London, but then I noticed the dollar sign. LOL! It was rubbing shoulders with said wanker bankers that made me detest guys in suits (most of them were arrogance personified, and had a nasty coke habit.) Eric Packer would be everything I despise in a man, but because it’s Rob (and I’m obviously a masochist) I’ll end up going to see Cosmopolis anyway. I sincerely doubt that I’ll find EP remotely atractive, so I’ll be dreaming of red pants and messy hair the whole time! πŸ™‚

• Katycougar says:

Yes I have to agree. I love Colorful Rob. He can wear any color. You girls are soooooooooo right.

3. allryans says:

My anniversary was last week, and Ryan got a haircut as well. VERY WFE. And it looks like he lost 10 pounds just by cutting his hair. How do men DO that?

4. tigerkitten36 says:

Happy Anniversary to you and Mr. Choice!

5. JellyBeanRainbow says:

I love it when Mr. Choice calls him Paddleston.
    I love WW2 hair. I like red pants. If Mr. Choice doesn’t wear them, he can still rock the summer colour trend look in his turquise boat/whatever they are called summer shoes he sported last year.
    Happy anniversary!

• natteringyeahrobber says:

UC – do you have a photo of said aqua blue shoes? I love when my DH tries to push fashion boundaries with strange shoe choices. Olive huaraches, NO DH, just no.

Happy Anniversary to the Choices! Can’t wait to hear about the haircut! Just the fact that he mentions Paddleston and WFE tell me he’s a keeper!

The Red Pants seem familar to me for some reason but when I go to look for them I can’t find them! Red Velvet Jacket, Red (maroon) Suit, Red shirt but no pants. Must be delusional again!

Thanks. This is now in my head in a continual loop:
    “I’m breaking ALL the rules now.”

(and sometimes when I scroll quickly I see Rob about to break into song and dance routine from Glee)

• natteringyeahrobber says:

Rfm- you are right. If I play with the scroll bar (up down, up down, up up, down down) it does look like he’s dancing to ABBA (Glee style).

8. natteringyeahrobber says:

I wonder if any stalkery type person has a close up of the coffee cup. Wonder what he ordered. Appears to be a black checkmark, but I can’t make out what it is. I bet it is chai. That, or the barista’s phone number/bra size.

• Nelle says:

The coffee cup isn’t the package my eyes were attracted to!

• Maggie says:

@Nelle: That particular package was the first thing I noticed in this picture! And I’m still trying to wrap myself around the hair. @Nat: definitely needs a better placed part.

The DH has never mentions Rob, other than giving me weird looks when he catches a glimpse of the screen on my laptop. However, on Sunday, I took my sister to see WFE (I needed to see all that dreaminess one more time on the big screen). When I I told the DH what we were seeing, he said, “Oh, is that the movie with that guy you obsess over? Hmmm. I guess he is paying attention somewhat.

Happy anniversary Mr. & Mrs. Choice

• Nelle says:

Oh- they notice all right. My husband invariably calls Rob “that guy you like from Twilight.” And then adds “Sheesh.”

Anything interesting I said about Rob lately? Dunno if it’s interesting but it’s my latest convo…trying to convince a friend that Rob DOES indeed charitywork…
    sure he does!
    He makes us all feel young…beautiful…sexy and alive just by loving him, in fact just by existing!
    That’s socialwork in it’s best no?
    She had no objections to that, just sayin πŸ™‚

Happy Anniversary UC!

10. GoWithIt says:

I love this getup (but it doesn’t make me swoon like suit Rob). However I think if you showed me this picture pre-Twi awareness, and told me I would be all about this guy, I would question it.

• I don’t seem to be able to comment directly so ill reply here- and I’m getting bus sick (haha iPhone auto changed that to busdick)

But thanks for the anniversary wishes! And I LOVE his hair! It Is totally ww2 and very ‘paddleston’ in wfe & the new movie!!

11. northernlights says:

Happy anniversary UC! Hope you’ll have a great weekend.

12. natteringyeahrobber says:

DH doesn’t mention Rob much. He doesn’t know Cosmopolis from Bel Ami. He basically knows Rob was in Twilight – that’s right, he’s one of those annoying people who only associate Rob with Twilight.

Last night DH was on the phone, trying to make dinner plans with a friend. He asked me about our weekend schedule. I replied that we were open except for Sunday starting at 9 p.m. DH immediately knew that Rob was involved, rolled his eyes, and told his friend that I had a date with Rob, but any other time worked.

• GoWithIt says:

That is classic. And awesome.
      The one thing that I can think of that my husband does differently, is that when he sees me reading now, he does not ask what I am reading or peek. He knows better. For all I know, he just assumes I am re-reading Twilight over and over and over (partially true). I don’t think much would shock him at this point. Probably not even if he found printed fan fiction around the house. Which he probably will at some point, because I tend to stash it around the house instead of recycling right away, because he sorts the recycling.

• natteringyeahrobber says:

You print out fanfic? I don’t like to leave paper trails when it comes to fan fic. Who knows where it might end up. Kid could use it as scratch paper, draw on it, then give it to my MIL or his teacher. How humiliating would it be to have a photo of a flower and heart on one side and a Carlisle/Charlie slash on the other?

So excited for you and your date with Rob!!! Glad it’s DH approved! And do you mind if we make it a double date? Rob and I would like to join you…we have a date at the same time as well! Wait a minute… that double crosser πŸ˜‰

• natteringyeahrobber says:

More like million-time crosser. DH probably won’t stay up to join the date. He watched the PCAs & CMAs with me, though, so there is a slight chance I can convince him.

13. blondieinco says:

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy NY πŸ™‚

14. Pattygirl says:

Happy Anniversary UC, finally Mr, Choice knows what makes you hot and bother !

15. Kaybvee says:

My DH pretty much follows my Rob obsession via DVR. Wife taping Jimmy /Ellen or the (gasp!) CMA’s? Pattinson must be involved somehow.

Being a former (online)movie reviewer, back before things like bills and kids, he is rather impressed with the Cronenberg thing and is reading Cosmopolis since I just read it.

He actually doesn’t hate the twilight movies but isn’t convinced he has the chops for something like Cosmopolis like maybe Gosling would- I think he’s
    just jealous of the pretty! Hopefully he will be proven wrong!

16. Rob's Flaming Dashboard says:

OMG can we talk about the MTV Movie Awards? I just love Rob more and more…

• drsaka says:

oh my——

• natteringyeahrobber says:

Shhhh not yet. I have not been able to watch the damn show all night – I’m on the NOT LIVE West Coast. Streaming was a no-go. So it is still 30 minutes away. But my twitter indicates that it was 2nd hand embarrassing in awesome ways. Something about the f-bomb, something about a Taylor smooch. Damn it, why is an LA show time delayed? Well, I’m sure Moon and UC will break it down, I already cannot wait for that.