Don’t act so surprised. Yes this is the 2nd post this week! I had a great letter submission to post! XO. Also… there seem to be non-muteable ads playing right now. We’re on it. For now mute your computer. Will be fixed soon xx
We’re both grown up. I’ve been a grown up longer than you, but I digress. With that label comes something very familiar – stress. Now I realize that your stress and my stress is very different. I’m sure you worry about things like a long drive-thru line at In & Out Burger, a certain someone’s love of for black bras under white shirts, and I know you were very worried about women here on LTR . Me? Well, I worry about things like how many calories I just ate in a whole bag of Terra Vegetable Chips, what the ‘check engine’ light means, how much wine I have at home and who’s going to be the new Bachelor next season.
That’s why I run. Stress relief. I’ve run 3 marathons and I’m training for my next race. I want you to run with me. Here are the reasons:
1. I want to see your wonky legs in running shorts. Oh my. Be warned – I may chase you. A nice sleeveless running shirt, running hat and shades? Yes please. Proper running attire makes for a faster pace and longer endurance. I beg you – leave the fou-fou white vest and cream linen pants in the forest where it belongs.
2. I live near the most beautiful beach. We could take an early morning run along the shoreline, then frolic (I’ve always wanted to frolic with you) in the surf. We can indulge in hot dogs and cheese fries from the beach shack restaurant. Since we just finished a run, there’s no guilt. I know sand will stick to our feet, so we’ll have to use the outdoor showers to rinse off. It would be a struggle, but I’d muddle through.
3. I am very aware you smoke. I’ll admit I usually find photos of you and a fag quite HAWT. (Wife beater? Cigarette? One of my favorite shots EVER.) But in all seriousness, you should stop smoking. Now. It’s really terrible for you but since I’m not your mom and I can’t make you–I’m sure Clare has tried to get you to stop at no avail–the least I can do is get the blood flowing though those lungs. Now I know there’s lots of very interesting ways this could be done, but a good 5-mile run is always a perfect way to start the endorphins. Who knows what would happen the rest of the day. Breathe in…breathe out.
4. Dean looks like a great guy, but don’t you ever want to lose him for just a little while? He doesn’t strike me as a runner. You don’t need him on a run – *I* would hand you your water bottle. I bet I could do just as good of job as Dean. He can stay home and whip us up some delicious recovery smoothies.
5. Bear would LOVE it. He looks like a dog who would love a good run. He may even find a squirrel. He could scare away the paparazzi. (similar, but not the same as a squirrel). We’ll teach him to growl and sneer at anyone with a lens cap. This may be necessary since Dean isn’t with us.
Now that our run is done, I want to celebrate. How? I’ve got the perfect conclusion to our run — I want to see the real Jumping Rob recreated in my pool. Bring on the black boxer briefs!!
Call me. My Asics are waiting, so lace up your shoes and let’s get started! I know you’ll feet better and less stressed. You’ll thank me later. 😉
Love it, Brenn! And this inspires me to inspire YOU all to write us more letters with these theme: Doing a HOBBY with ROBBY. Yep… it’s about time we had a new LTR theme around here. So what do you think? Got a HOBBY for you and ROBBY you can write to us about? Great- send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And just so you know, when I’m having a bad day or just need a new laugh, I always change my Facebook profile picture to this:
from one of Moon’s Best LTRs ever!
Tags: , A Hobby with Robby, Fan letter, Rob Pattinson, running with Rob